Sergio Lorenzi sends me these photos of a vending machine he found in Nagoya with flying fishes inside a bottle. The text say that the flying fishes have been grilled and are ideal to use as a soup (dashi) to give flavour to udon, nabe, oden or any other slow cooked recipe.
Each bottle, in addition to a flying fish, also has some konbu 昆布 algae, one of the essential ingredients to be able to obtain the umami flavor when cooking.
The ones on the top left side contain only algae and are cheaper than those that include also a flying fish.
Other posts about vending machines in Japan:
- Bananas Vending Machine
- Surgical Masks Vending Machine
- Low-tech Hamburger Vending Machine
- Fresh eggs vending machine
- New solar-powered Coca-Cola vending machines with LED lights
- Umbrella vending machine
- Vending machine with a 47 inches interface
- Used panties vending machines
- Women vending machine
- Porn magazines vending machine
- Hamburger vending machine
- Book vending machine
- Groceries vending machine
- First Oden-kan vending machine
- Alcoholic vending machine
- Shit vending machine
- Vending machines with interactive maps
- 16 vending machines in the same photo
- 50 yen vending machine